So location controls are nice but I am sure that you would rather be able to show your users a map rather than just say here is a your Latitude & Longitude. This sample also talks about some of the other stuff that will be included with the release that isn't visual.
If your gonna share this via twitter could you do me a favor and tag it with #wp7ap? Thanks!
So here is the second sample for the Phone 7 Action Pack. It centers around 2 different implementations of controls that help with location service interaction. Please let me know what you think.
The HD version of this is up on CodePlex
Let me know what you guys think I should add to the Phone7ActionPack
So I have finally gotten around to putting together a sample of some of the work I am doing for Windows Phone 7. Today I want to introduce you to the Phone7ActionPack’s PhoneFileDataSourceControl and what you can do with it in your application. First off let’s understand that when you build an Application for Windows Phone 7 using Silverlight you will be reading and writing files with Isolated Storage if you choose to use the file system. Those of you that have used Isolated Storage with Silverlight will feel right at home here.
The PhoneFileDataSourceControl is designed to be a designer friendly control that will allow you to implement file access. It has a few key features including:
- Creating & deleting both files and directories with the aid of an Action.
- Returning a observable collection of all the files and directories in a given path
- Selectively control whether or not to show files and or directories in the given path
- Filter files returned in its collection by using a search pattern
- Each file/directory in the collection is wrapped with additional information such as the full path to the item, the name of the item, and if it is file or a directory. (More info will be provided down the line. Perhaps simple mime type info or file size)
All of the above functionality can be taken advantage of without writing any additional code.
The First video is the walk through showing what the finished product can do for you.
Phone7ActionPack Sample 1 Part 1 from Matt Van Horn on Vimeo.
Part one of the first sample for the Phone7ActionPack for Windows Phone 7
The Second Video is a walk through on how to create the sample application.
Phone7ActionPack Sample 1 Part 2 from Matt Van Horn on Vimeo.
Part two of the first sample for the Phone7ActionPack for Windows Phone 7
There is a 3rd Part of this video that I will post shortly.